Unable to Debug a .NET Custom Tool or Form
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Imaging and Process Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release Stellent]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the IPM SDK to create a custom tool (or Process Form), debugging the tool is not possible even after following the steps from the SDK help file (included below).
1. Open the VB.Net project that is the custom tool.
2. Select: Project | Properties | Configuration Properties | Debugging. Choose 'Start External Program' and browse to IBPM.exe. Add the following 'No DSMS Update' parameter to the command line parameters.
4. Copy the CustomTool dll file to the DSMS machine, and reset the DSMS and Security Service.
5. Run IBPMStartup from the development machine to bring the binary file across to the \IBPM working directory folder. If the gallery does not already have it, add the custom tool using the Security tool. Logout of the production client.
6. Place a breakpoint in the custom tool's 'New' method.
7. Run the project. It will prompt the user to login to IPM and then will stop on the break when the custom tool class is created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms