Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release Oracle9i to 11g]
Checked for relevance on 17-Jun-2015
Checked for relevance on 17-NOV-2016
Reports Server were working fine and suddenly, after applying some changes in the Oracle Reports configuration files like:
In 11g, these files are in a different path, i.e.:
Oracle Reports started failing with unexpected errors.
The unexpected errors are reproducible with the default in-process reports server or creating a new standalone report server (all reports server in the same ORACLE_HOME will depend on the same reports.sh; if it was modified, all report servers will fail). There are several unexpected errors reported and they are reproducible running a simple report like the default test.rdf.
The most common error is usually related to reports.sh corrupted file and it generates the following errors running rwdiag.sh:
command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 5:
: command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 10:
: command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 13:
: command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 16:
': not a valid identifier $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 17: export: `PATH
: command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 18:
: command not found $OH /bin/rwdiag.sh: line 19:
: command not found $OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: line 21:
$OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: $OH/b'n/reports.sh: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `in
$OH/bin/rwdiag.sh: $OH/b'n/reports.sh: line 44: `case $RHVER in
Unrecognized option: -findAll
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
Other unexpected errors are:
1) rwclient.sh generates an unexpected java exception running a simple test.rdf:
An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=<memory_address>
The failed request creates an hs_err_pidXXX.log file
2) After changing REPORTS_PATH in reports.sh, the default test.rdf generates a REP-159 error running from rwservlet URL, REP-82 and REP-110 errors are behind the scenes:
After enabling the trace option more specific errors REP-82 and REP-110 were gathered in rwEng-0.trc file:
[2008/6/25 11:43:59:286] Error 50103 (C Engine): 11:43:59 ERR REP-0082: Error executing SCA utility.
REP-0110: Unable to open file ''. scaba 12
[2008/6/25 11:43:59:308] Debug 50103 (EngineImpl:run): CRunReport returns:5
[2008/6/25 11:43:59:312] Debug 50103 (EngineImpl:run): Quit
[2008/6/25 11:43:59:314] Exception 159 ():
[2008/6/25 11:44:19:901] Debug 50103 (EngineImpl:setCommandLine): Running
IMPORTANT: The reports work fine if the complete path is passed instead of using REPORTS_PATH because it was the only environment variable that was changed in reports.sh.
3) If the script included in <Note 261879.1> "Configuration Script to add Common Windows Fonts to Unix 9i, 10g R1 and 10g R2 Reports Server" (fontsolutions.tar) was decompressed completely on a MS Windows platform and ftp'ed to Unix/Linux in binary mode, the report server could generate the following error trying to use one of the new fonts installed:
4) After editing $ORACLE_HOME/reports/conf/<repserver_name>.conf file, it could happen that reports server is unable to startup and it just displays:
5) If tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora were modified or FTP'ed in binary mode, Reports Server displays the following errors when a report is executed:
Oracle Reports configuration files were recently modified.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms