Using ResultSet.next() Throws "java.sql.SQLException: Closed Statement: Next" When Accessing Refcursor
(Doc ID 736490.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:JDBC - Version 10.2.0.4 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Existing JDBC application that calls a PL/SQL procedure that returns a ref cursor now receives
"java.sql.SQLException: Closed Statement: next" when using a version 10.2.0.4 or 11g JDBC OCI driver.
- opening a CallableStatement
- registering an output parameter as a CURSOR (defined as REF CURSOR in the package)
- executing the CallableStatement
- getting a ResultSet object using .getCursor()
- closing the CallableStatement
- accessing the ResultSet using the .next() method
10.2.0.4 Error Stack:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document