Oracle Identity Manager : Bundle Patching Process
(Doc ID 744429.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2022
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.9 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purpose of this document is to give introduction to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Bundle Patching Process.
Oracle Development has come up with Bundle Patch (BP) process for OIM release 220.127.116.11.X, 18.104.22.168.X and 9.1.X. Following are some of the features of Bundle Patching.
- Nomenclature used for Bundle Patches is 'BP xx' e.g. First Bundle Patch for OIM version 22.214.171.124 is known as 126.96.36.199. BP01,second BP would be called 188.8.131.52. BP02 and so forth. This is true for 184.108.40.206 and 9.1.X as well.
- These BPs are cumulative in nature. For example, assume latest BP for 220.127.116.11 is BP03 and you have currently applied 18.104.22.168. BP01.Now if you apply 22.214.171.124 BP03,you will get fixes for 126.96.36.199 BP01, 188.8.131.52 BP02 and 184.108.40.206 BP03.
Following are some of the advantages of this new improved process.
- Easier tracking : You just need to know latest BP applied on your instance.
- All BPs are regression tested by Oracle's QA team results in a quality patch.
- Improved Documentation for each of Bundle Patches.
- Predictability of Bundle Patch release is better with this improved process hence customers can plan their patching well in advance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Document Update History|