Oracle Identity Manager : Bundle Patching Process
(Doc ID 744429.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 29, 2019
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.9 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance on 25-Jan-2013**
Purpose of this document is to give introduction to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Bundle Patching Process.
Oracle Development has come up with Bundle Patch (BP) process for OIM release 22.214.171.124.X, 126.96.36.199.X and 9.1.X. Following are some of the features of Bundle Patching.
- Nomenclature used for Bundle Patches is 'BP xx' e.g. First Bundle Patch for OIM version 188.8.131.52 is known as 184.108.40.206. BP01,second BP would be called 220.127.116.11. BP02 and so forth. This is true for 18.104.22.168 and 9.1.X as well.
- These BPs are cumulative in nature. For example, assume latest BP for 22.214.171.124 is BP03 and you have currently applied 126.96.36.199. BP01.Now if you apply 188.8.131.52 BP03,you will get fixes for 184.108.40.206 BP01, 220.127.116.11 BP02 and 18.104.22.168 BP03.
Following are some of the advantages of this new improved process.
- Easier tracking : You just need to know latest BP applied on your instance.
- All BPs are regression tested by Oracle's QA team results in a quality patch.
- Improved Documentation for each of Bundle Patches.
- Predictability of Bundle Patch release is better with this improved process hence customers can plan their patching well in advance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Document Update History|