Oracle Identity Manager : Bundle Patching Process
(Doc ID 744429.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2021
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.9 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance on 25-Jan-2013**
Purpose of this document is to give introduction to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Bundle Patching Process.
Oracle Development has come up with Bundle Patch (BP) process for OIM release 18.104.22.168.X, 22.214.171.124.X and 9.1.X. Following are some of the features of Bundle Patching.
- Nomenclature used for Bundle Patches is 'BP xx' e.g. First Bundle Patch for OIM version 126.96.36.199 is known as 188.8.131.52. BP01,second BP would be called 184.108.40.206. BP02 and so forth. This is true for 220.127.116.11 and 9.1.X as well.
- These BPs are cumulative in nature. For example, assume latest BP for 18.104.22.168 is BP03 and you have currently applied 22.214.171.124. BP01.Now if you apply 126.96.36.199 BP03,you will get fixes for 188.8.131.52 BP01, 184.108.40.206 BP02 and 220.127.116.11 BP03.
Following are some of the advantages of this new improved process.
- Easier tracking : You just need to know latest BP applied on your instance.
- All BPs are regression tested by Oracle's QA team results in a quality patch.
- Improved Documentation for each of Bundle Patches.
- Predictability of Bundle Patch release is better with this improved process hence customers can plan their patching well in advance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Document Update History|