DBBL Hangs, Nodes Are Partitioned
(Doc ID 773661.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 8.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Information in this document applies to any platform
The following problems are seen in a MP application with 15 hosts on a WAN:
The application typically boots without a problem.
- Sometimes, however, nodes become partitioned without any apparent cause.
- Sometimes "tmadmin reconnect" fails, even though the partitioned node is alive.
- Sometimes "tmshutdown -k KILL -y" causes most nodes to be partitioned. After this happens, the only way to shut down the partitioned nodes is to kill the Tuxedo processes and clean up the IPC.
- As a consequence of these failures, it's frequently impossible to unpartition nodes that have become partitioned.
- Sometimes the DBBL appears to be hung. Other times, it appears that the DBBL is not processing its message queue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document