Some Questions About Behaviour of Indexes in Coherence
(Doc ID 780555.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Coherence - Version 3.4.0 to 3.7.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Can Coherence Indexes (as created by addIndex) 'overflow' to disk?
- Can an object be excluded from an index (e.g. if making ValueExtractor to return null)?
- How scalable are indexes? What is the expected performance?
- What is the space used by an index? (Is it a function of number of entries, how sparse the data is?)
- Could the index space possibly be calculated by a formula, like:
number of entries * (200 bytes + the size of value returned by ValueExtractor)?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document