EJB Applications Return NULL When Accessing a Database Proxy User
(Doc ID 793213.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Containers for J2EE - Version 10.1.3.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
J2EE Application is accessing Oracle Database Server via a connection obtained from a proxy data source.
Fom this application, the SQL query select sys_context('userenv','proxy_user') from dual returns NULL value.
However, the expected value is 'proxy_user' as the proxy data source/connection pool is configured with the "proxy_user" user.
Here is the output of the test program:
09/03/30 15:18:37 test 1
09/03/30 15:18:37 #null#
09/03/30 15:18:37 test 2
Steps To Reproduce
Here are the steps showing how to reproduce the issue :
1. Firstly, the proxy database user needs to be created as shown in the in section Setup the Database Side in the following note.
2. Edit file $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/<container-name>/config/data-sources.xml with a data source as follows for the proxy user created above. You must set the property proxy-sessions to TRUE.
3. Now, restart the container to pickup the new data sources created above :
> opmnctl stopproc process-type=<container_name>
> opmnctl startproc process-type=<container-name>
> oc4j -shutdown -port <ORMI port> -password <password>
> oc4j -start
4. Download the sample application EAR file application1.ear.
5. Deploy EAR file application1.ear to the container where the data source in step (2) was created with the Application Name = proxysvr.
6. Run the sample application.
7. At the login prompt enter the user credentials that is accessing for the proxy user i.e. in this case <user>/<password>.
8. In the browser, the following message will appear :
9a. If using standalone OC4J go to the command prompt where OC4J was started and the following trace is displayed :
9b. If deployed to OAS 10.1.3.X then go to the container log file (i.e.
default_group~home~default_group~1.log) and the following trace is displayed :
09/03/12 09:57:07 Start process
09/03/12 09:57:45 Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.4.0) initialized
09/03/13 06:35:42 !!!<user>!!!
09/03/13 06:35:46 test 1
09/03/13 06:35:46 #null#
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps To Reproduce|