10g OVD Manager Returns LDAP Error 84 (Decoding Error) When Validating Critical Path Ldap Adapter
(Doc ID 827833.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) 10.1.4 (i.e., newest 10.1.4.3).
Trying to create a basic LDAP adapter to a Critical Path (CP) LDAP directory.
When clicking the Validate button after entering the server host/address, OVD Manager returns:
Able to connect to Active Directory without any errors, just not the Critical Path Enterprise LDAP. Tried with both anonymous and with a user DN configured, but both scenarios result in the same error above.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch OViD Manager .
- Connect to server
- Open "New LDAP Adapter" dialog box
- Adapter Template: Default (or General LDAP)
DNS Host Discovery: No
LDAP Servers: Add
- In first table row, column "Server DNS/IP", enter DNS-name of directory server
- Enter Proxy Bind DN and password
- Next to "Remote Base", press the "..." button and select a base DN from the tree (which works ok)
The "Finish" button is still greyed out, the message line shows:
"Click 'Validate' to verify server configuration"
- Click on "Validate" button, a popup message is returned with:
Querying <host.domain>:<port> for namespaces...
- After a short time an error message is displayed with:
- The "Finish" button is still inactive
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document