Searching DN Mapped Attributes Fails In Join View Adapter
Last updated on JULY 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
DN mapping is not working for searches against Map DN Attributes in a join adapter
-- Steps To Reproduce:
- Create an OID adapter (will need groups with uniquemembers). For example, Remote Base is pointed at the root context of OID to get both groups and users from OID:
- Create an AD adapter (needed to contain user that are in OID). For example, specify a Root of:
- Create join adapter for OID and AD with OID as the primary. For example, set the Root to:
- Specify "uniquemember,manager,secretary,owner" in the Map DN Attributes for the join adapter.
- View and search against a uniquemember of a group in ou=oid,dc=xxxx,dc=xxx (join adapter). You will see that you can view the information correctly for the uniquemember but you are not allowed to search for the uniquemember as it is using the DN for the uniquemember from the OID adapter (ou=oid-ext,...) when it should be using the join adapter (ou=oid,...)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms