ORA-08002 Signalled when a Sequence CURRVAL Is Used in ODI Integration Interfaces
(Doc ID 869933.1)
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 10.1.3.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Package runs two Integration Interfaces related to Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS):
- The first Integration Interface uses NEXTVAL for two database sequences (mySequence1 and mySequence2), in Transaction 1.
- The second Integration Interface uses CURRVAL of same two database Sequences, in Transaction 1 too.
However, the execution of the second Integration Interface fails and following message is signalled on the task that uses the first sequence CURRVAL:
For better clarification:
- The first Integration Interface uses the sequences NEXTVAL as update Key. The corresponding mappings are executed on "Target area", and may be observed in ODI Operator, on the "OA inserts new" task.
- The second Integration Interface uses the sequences CURRVAL on non-Key columns. The corresponding mappings are executed on "Target area" too, and may be observed in ODI Operator, on the "Update existing records" task..
- Both Integration Interfaces use the "IKM E-Business Suite (Open Interface)" that do implement the fix from
Unpublished Bug 8742382 IKM E-BUSINESS SUITE DOES NOT ACCEPT SEQUENCE IN AN UPDATE STATEMENT
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document