Oc4j Server.Xml Not Updated Where There's an Invalid EAR File After Deployment And Recycle
(Doc ID 881208.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Containers for J2EE - Version 10.1.3.1.0 to 10.1.3.4.0 [Release AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an application is deployed where the server.xml file already contains a name of an invalid EAR, it will not show any new deployments.
Steps to Reproduce
Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.3
OC4J Instance: Tars
Using JDeveloper 10.1.3.3 do:
- Create 2 workspaces - App1 and App2
- Just create an HTML file in each of the Apps
- Create 2 EAR files - 1 for each app.
- Change EAR file to App1.ear
- Change application name to App1
- Change EAR file to App2.ear
- Change application name to App2
- Deploy App1 to an application server
- Edit $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/Tars/config/server.xml
- It contains the following line:
- Modify the above line to
=> notice "XApp1.ear" file does not exist
- stop/start OAS
- From JDeveloper deploy App2 to the same application server
- Look at server.xml
### New deployment file does not appear in there
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document