Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version: 10.1.4.0.1 to 10.1.4.3 - Release: 10gR3 to 10gR3
This issue has been reported in both Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory.
The plugin is configured to use Server Auth SSL.
A separate OID SSL configset was setup with a wallet and server auth
1. Local SSL mode U2 and U1 works.
2. Direct bind to remote directory server using U2 SSL bind works.
3. When binding as OID user via SSL U2 mode, the running OIDLDAPD server crashes with error 'OS 32' which is broken pipe.
4. No useful information can be found in server logs using all possible debug flags
5. No stack trace or core dump is produced.
6. Setting java Plugin specific debug level shows plugin never fires.
7. Temporarily re-configured the plugin to NOT use SSL.
8. Tried to bind to OID non-ssl port using OID DN. The external auth plugin still crashes the OIDLDAPD. Therefore, the SSL has nothing to do with the problem.
9. Unable to reproduce issue on RedHat Linux nor Solaris
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms