Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
When granting a role to an OID group for a Group Spaces in WebCenter Spaces, the members of the
group are individually granted this role, not the group itself.
As a consequence if you add a new member later to the group, this new member does not inherit the
same privilege from the role.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create users in OID
2. Create a group in OID (say "group 1")
3. Add a couple of members to this "group 1" group
4. Log in Spaces and create a new Group Space
5. Grant any role to "group 1" => each user gets the grant, not the role itself
6. Log in Spaces with a member of "group 1": you can see the Group Space
7. Add a new member to the group "group 1" in OID
8. Log in Spaces with this new member: he cannot see the group space
-- Business Impact:
New users have to be granted all privileges manually, even if the group he is already member of
had been granted the privilege in the past.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms