Error "406 Not Acceptable" Accessing index.html in Oracle HTTP Server
(Doc ID 955812.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
- Accessing the default home page via Oracle HTTP Server (OHS)
- The browser language is set to any Language other than English and German
- The following error is returned in the browser
"406 Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.
index.html.de, type text/html, language de
index.html.en, type text/html. language en"
- The same problem occurs in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- If the browser has English or German language, then it works fine
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document