OID 11g DIP AD to OID Import Sync Stopped Working With No DIP Log Errors Or Messages Shown
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 11.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Internet Directory (OID) 11gR1 (188.8.131.52.0) Directory Integration Platform (DIP) import synchronization from Active Directory (AD) to OID had been working.
Recently, a new user was added into AD.
Review of Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM) 11g Fusion Middleware Control Console > Identity and Access > DIP > DIP Server menu > Logs > View Log Messages, is not showing any errors, even after selecting all message types (error, warning, etc.), then reclicking the Search button, nothing is shown for DIP logs.
Restarted all components with opmnctl stopall / opmnct startall; but still no changes/additions to DIP logs.
- Turned on higher level debug by:
- In the Console > Identity and Access > DIP > Dip Server menu on the right > Logs option > Log Configuration.
- Under Log Levels, switched oracle.dip to value of "TRACE: 32(FINEST)" and clicked Apply.
- Back to Identity and Access > Dip Server menu > Logs > View Log Messages.
- Selected every checkbox for Message Types (incident error, error, warning, notification, trace, unknown).
- Clicked the Search button to verify it pulls log information; and left this page as is, to be retried below.
- Reproduced the sync problem by making a change in the AD user that did not sync, and waited ~1min.
- Back on the Logs window, clicked Search button again, but still no messages displayed on the log screen.
- So, next, chose Export Message to File > As Oracle Diagnostics Text (.txt), and saved the file locally.
In reviewing the resulting file, no occurrences of "job" keyword since a couple weeks back. The last occurrence of "job" is an exception logged on when the problem was noticed, i.e.,
org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'schedulerDS': java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'jdbc/schedulerDS' weblogic.jdbc.extensions.PoolDisabledSQLException: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledException: Pool schedulerDS is disabled, cannot allocate resources to applications.. [See nested exception: java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'jdbc/schedulerDS' weblogic.jdbc.extensions.PoolDisabledSQLException: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledException: Pool schedulerDS is disabled, cannot allocate resources to applications..]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'jdbc/schedulerDS' weblogic.jdbc.extensions.PoolDisabledSQLException: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledException: Pool schedulerDS is disabled, cannot allocate resources to applications..
... 4 more
Further, collecting the sync profile entries from OID revealed that sync had not ran/worked since a couple weeks back, e.g.,
This output includes attributes for last successful execution time (orclodiplastsuccessfulexecutiontime) and last execution time (orclodiplastexecutiontime), which were set to a value of a couple of weeks ago.
Note: Typically associated with DIP sync are entries with jobs - see examples in the documentation:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Integration Guide for Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)
Appendix E, Troubleshooting the Oracle Directory Integration Platform
And review log file examples under Topic: Understanding the diagnostic.log File
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms