Newly Created User Does Not Appear in OBIEE For Presentation Services In APCC
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Planning Command Center - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 21-JUN-2013 ***
In an R12.1.2 Test Instance:
Need to create an end user in APCC to assign dashboard and privileges to it. Nevertheless, when creating one in the RPD with the AdministrationTool/Security is not working and is not showing the user nor the group created.
APCC is working perfectly with Administration user.
However, need to create the users to manage the security for dashboards and privileges over the OBIEE answers and in addition to keep a healthy catalog.
--- Steps to Reproduce ---
1) Open AdvancedPlanning.rpd in windows with administration tool
2) Go to Manage/Security and create the users and groups, assigned the Database and save
3) Shut down the server in Linux
4) Copy (from Windows to Linux) the RPD file in binary mode in the repository root
5) Restart the OBI server
6) Open OBI dashboards access as Administrator, go to Administration and open Presentation Catalog Security: Groups and Users
7) The newly created users and/or groups do not appear here.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms