Import Circuit EJB APIs for Customer and Provisioning Information for the Connection
(Doc ID 1281367.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.0.16 to 6.0.16 [Release 6.0.16]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Jul-2013***
***Checked for relevance on 03-Feb-2017***
This document covers design implementation specifics related to EJB APIs exposed to import customer and create/update provisioning information for the connections in the MetaSolv Solution.
Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution
Sections 4 & 5 Enhancements in Patch 9462164 and Enhancements in Patch 9401440
Current MetaSolv Solution (MSS) API functionality includes creation of base circuits that are non-ordered and associating them with network systems which is essentially building out a customers network. There is a need to have APIs to import customer ordered circuits in MSS. The APIs in phase II will enable the users to provision the newly created ordered circuits as well.
Features in Scope:
- The types of circuit supported are Special, Facilities
- Only New and Update operations on circuit will be supported.
- Only regular CIRCUIT product is supported.
- Only NEW operation (i.e. addition) of Labels & values is supported
- Virtual Port assignments will be supported in this phase if the virtual indicator is set to Y
Features out of Scope:
- No orders will be created through APIs
- Change orders should be created manually through MSS
- Disconnect orders and disconnected line blocks will be handled manually via an order in MSS
- Template based circuits are out of scope
- SONET/DLC assignments will not be supported
- SONET embedded in an OPTICAL Network System will not be supported as well
- Change and Disconnect operations will not be supported for Labels & values
- Assignment of Custom Attributes to the Port Addresses through EJB APIs is not supported now. This will be done in a future patch release tentatively early next year
Solution Components List:
Import of Customer connections API is split into two sections:
1. Customer circuit (ordered circuit) creation
New EJB API would be designed to create connection (special and facility). Additional details of this new API are mentioned in further sections. Following are the activities that can be performed on customer circuits.Creation of Customer circuits i.e. links (facilities) and special.Population of custom attributes for connection: This activity of populating CAs would be done as part of connection creation API. While invoking the connection API, if CAs are provided in input then CAs will be populated for the connection.2. Create/Update provisioning information on the customer circuit
Update Provisioning Info on Customer circuit:New EJB API would be designed to create/update provisioning information for the connection (special and facility). Additional details of this new API are mentioned in further sections. Following are the activities that can be performed on customer circuits with this API and these activities can be invoked in two ways either as part of circuit creation or separate EJB API after circuit creation.Creation of Network Assignments, Facility Assignments and Equipment Assignments and generation of design lines for the customer circuits (facilities and special).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|--- Environment ---|
|--- New EJB API's ---|
|Create Customer connection API|
|--- Solution Flow Diagram ---|
|--- Assumptions and Constraints ---|
|Labels & Values:|