DM Not Running With 1 GB Shared Memory
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 04-Dec-2014
To support high availability and load balancing between multiple cm/dm, we would like to run a couple of DMs with 1 Gb shared memory. We are not able to run two DMs with 512 Mb. We have tried using memory windows but it failed.
The steps followed:
1. Changed max_mem_window to 20.
2. Copied dm_oracle as dm2.
3. Create dm2 directory same as dm_oracle.
4. Changed pin.conf to use dm_oracle10g.so from this dm2 directory.
5. Changed start_dm2 script as below:
setmemwindow -i 20 $DM
6. But it did not start with 512 Mb when another DM is already running with 512 Mb. There are other processes as well using shared memory. Ideally it should start in separate window.
7. When we start it using:
setmemwindow -i 0 then it starts in a global window because there is 600 MB available in Q4 as a continuous free segment. That means it is not able to use any other memory window most probably.
Do you have any suggestion how to use it ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms