DM Not Running With 1 GB Shared Memory
(Doc ID 1286660.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.3.0]
To support high availability and load balancing between multiple cm/dm, the user would like to run a couple of DMs with 1 Gb shared memory, but is not able to run two DMs with 512 Mb. Also tried using memory windows but it failed.
The steps followed:
1. Changed max_mem_window to 20.
2. Copied dm_oracle as dm2.
3. Create dm2 directory same as dm_oracle.
4. Changed pin.conf to use dm_oracle10g.so from this dm2 directory.
5. Changed start_dm2 script as below:
setmemwindow -i 20 $DM
6. But it did not start with 512 Mb when another DM is already running with 512 Mb. There are other processes as well using shared memory. Ideally it should start in separate window.
7. When starts it using:
setmemwindow -i 0 then it starts in a global window because there is 600 MB available in Q4 as a continuous free segment. That means it is not able to use any other memory window most probably.
Any suggestion on how to use it ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document