Realtime Discounting Pipeline Does Not Update Sub-Balance Dates Correctly
Last updated on JULY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 18.104.22.168.0 version, Pipeline Manager, Real-time discounting pipeline does not update sub-balance dates correctly.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) We have account A and account B (in some hierarchy). Account B participates in a DSG (Discount Sharing Group) owned by account A.
2) Discount shared by account A grants some Non Currency Resource (say X) to Discount Owner on some event which is not present in the product of account A and gets triggered on billing (say cycle arrear ).
3) Stop Realtime pipeline and run billing for October.
4) Account A is billed, but the billing for account B failed.
5) Now, as account A is billed, its billing cycles are updated.
6) Move pin_virtual_time to December and run billing for November with Realtime pipeline running.
7) Events for account B are generated for last bill cycle (October).
8) Discount gets applied and for impact billing cycle of account A is fetched which returns November, December and January for last, next and future respectively.
And so discounts impact Non Currency Resource for December-January.
The expectation is in step 8 that Non Currency Resource should be granted for November-December.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms