Customer Center Displays Error For Products Configured As Inactive With Pin_status_flag_provisioning
(Doc ID 1330888.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue reported is with the Customer Center. It can be reproduced by the following steps:
1. While adding product to the deal, make the status as "Inactive" with status flag (PIN_FLD_STATUS_PROVISIONING) set as 64.
2. For the deal, make Deal Customization as required.
3. Create a plan for the deal.
4. Create an account with the above plan from Customer Center.
5. When the plan is selected, a window pops up showing the following message:
'One or More Product May require Customization. Review the Customize Product page and make any necessary changes.'
6. Click 'OK' Proceed with the flow.
7. On Customize Product page, select the appropriate "Inactive Flag" to proceed.
(The flag should be selected by default as the reason for" Product Inactive" is already set while create deal in Pricing Center as in Step 1.)
8. If no flag is selected, another error pops up saying to select an Inactive Flag.
9. Select the flag and proceed
The popping of validation alert messages leads to confusion to the CSRs because the error message is not precise. The CSRs could easily select the wrong flag when they have many requests per day. This results in heavy revenue leak, that the product would not be activated by provisioning but would be active on the network, resulting in the customer not being charged.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document