Customer Center Displays Error For Products Configured As Inactive With Pin_status_flag_provisioning
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. While adding product to the Deal, make the status as Inactive with status flag (PIN_FLD_STATUS_PROVISIONING) set as 64.
2. For the deal, make Deal Customization as required.
3. Create a Plan for the Deal.
4. Create an Account with the above plan from Customer Center.
5. When the plan is selected, a window pops up showing the following message:
'One or More Product May require Customization. Review the Customize Product page and make any necessary changes.'
6. Click 'OK' Proceed with the flow.
7. On Customize Product page, select the appropriate Inactive Flag to proceed.
(The Flag should be selected by default as the reason for Product Inactive is already set while Deal creation in Pricing Center as in Step 1.)
8. If no Flag is selected, another error pops up saying to select an Inactive Flag.
9. Select the flag and proceed
The popping of validation alert messages leads to confusion to the CSRs, because the error message is not precise. The CSRs could easily select the wrong flag when they have many requests per day. This results in heavy revenue leak, that the product would not be activated by provisioning but would be active on the network, resulting in the customer not being charged.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms