Billing Cycle Incorrectly Created in a Siebel-AIA-BRM System
(Doc ID 1389064.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Communications Integration Pack for Order to Billing - Version 2.5 to 2.5 [Release 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) using SIEBEL-AIA-BRM, a non-paying account got created using a PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTOMER flist that provided no billing (billinfo) information and therefore the account and respective billinfo were created with an incorrect billing cycle.
Is it excepted that Application Integration Architecture (AIA) can request the creation of an account and respective billinfo without providing the billing information (no PIN_FLD_PAYINFO element or PIN_FLD_BILLINFO element)?
To provide more detail, from the BRM perspective, below is the structure of accounts to be created:
|___ PARENT Billinfo # 1 : /billinfo 201938691 with bill_info_id: 003
| |___ /account 201936963 with account_no: <NO_1>
| |___ /billinfo 201937475
|___ PARENT Billinfo # 2 : /billinfo 201945085 with bill_info_id: 001
|___ /account 201939491 with account_no: <NO_1>
|___ /billinfo 201944701
From a BRM perspective, below is the sequence of operations carried out:
1. Creation of:
- Parent Account /account 201938179
- Parent Account Billinfo /billinfo 201938691 with bill_info_id: 003 (bill cycle is 10 Sep to 24 Oct)
2. Creation of:
- Child Account /account 201936963
- Child Account Billinfo /billinfo 201937475 with bill_info_id:<ID> (bill cycle is 10 Sep to 24 Oct)
3. Creation of:
- Child Account /account 201939491
- Child Account Billinfo /billinfo 201944701 with bill_info_id:Default Bill (bill cycle is 10 Sep to 10 Oct)
4. Creation of:
- Parent Account Billinfo /billinfo 201945085 with bill_info_id: 001
5. Association of billinfo 201944701 with bill_info_id:Default Bill to be paid by Parent Account Billinfo /billinfo 201945085 with bill_info_id: 001
In Step 3, the input flist coming to commit_cust has no reference to the parent account or billinfo, nor any billinfo array passed, hence the default bill cycle is created (10 Sep to 10 Oct).
The expectation at Step 3 is to create the account with bill cycle 10 Sep to 24 Oct, for which we would expect (from AIA to BRM) a billinfo information to be passed at the minimum.
From the Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) side, the above translates to the following orders submitted:
- Create a customer account in Siebel
- Create a service account and billing profile for one segment
- Initiate 1 order for the activation of 1 service for that service account and billing profile
- Create a 2nd service account and 2nd billing profile for the same segment as before
- Initiate a 2nd order for the activation of 1 service for the 2nd service account and 2nd billing profile
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document