Item Objects With Null Bill Object Created
(Doc ID 1446259.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item objects with NULL bill object are getting created after the below configurations :
Configurations in 7.4
(1) A Call comes in after the previous cycle is complete but before billing is run
(2) An item object is created without a bill object
(3) When billing is then run, another item object is created with an appropriate bill object
(4) But all usage for this cycle is accumulated against the item object without the bill object causing severe invoicing problems
(5)Auto triggered billing is disabled as shown below
Config billing delay parameter in cm's pin.conf
- fm_bill config_billing_delay 0
One may also consider the below scenario :
2) On migrating to 7.4, enable billing delay
3) Prior to first billing in 7.4 (Feb 17), billinfo.NEXT_BILL_OBJ was NULL
4) During the delay period before Feb 17, new cycle items (for Feb 17 - Mar 17 cycle) pointed to NEXT_BILL OBJ (and so to NULL)
5) The billing process on Feb 17 created new bill objects and assigned to billinfo.BILL_OBJ and billinfo.NEXT_BILL_OBJ
6) The previously created items still had a NULL bill object though.
7) This problem only happens for accounts that had some event coming in during the delay period. For other accounts, the item gets created only after billing when BILL_OBJ & NEXT_BILL_OBJ were correctly set
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document