Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Messaging Server - Version 6.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
About every 2 hours, IMAP response time becomes very slow or completely hung and msprobe starts to report:
Restarting the store allows it to work for another two hours.
Another symptom is when the CPU spikes to 20% as compared to another similarly loaded system which is only 10%.
- It is imapd processes which usually seems to be using the most CPU.
- Also seeing more Q "mailbox is busy" messages than normal.
- It is not entirely isolated, but there is one user getting a lot more "mailbox is busy" than others and not receiving as much mail as others. Enabled telemetry for that user.
- This user was identified as the culprit of the imapd process CPU spikes.
- At one point, the custom IMAP application had over 60 IMAP sessions open.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms