Discount Is Not Prorated Upon Cancellation
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.1 [Release 7.2.1]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Checked for relevance on 15-Jun-2016
With a discount configured to not grant the discount upon purchase and prorate the discount upon cancellation,
a proration during discount cancellation is not performed and in the discounting pipeline trace there is a message "PIN_RATE_FSTLST_NONE, no discount".
Steps to reproduce.
1. Create a MCF (Monthly Cycle Forward) product of $100
2. Create a 60% discount on CF with purchase proration as "no discount" and cancel proration as "prorate discount"
3. On 1/1, create an account purchasing the MCF product. Balance of $100
4. On 1/10, purchase the discount. Balance remains unchanged since the proration setting is to give no discount during purchase.
5. On 2/1, bill the account. MCF of $100 and discount of -60, making the balance $140
6. On 2/10, cancel the discount
Expected Result: Discount for the period 2/10-3/1 should be reverted back, ie, $40.71 should be added to the Balance making it $180.71.
Actual Result: Discount is not reverted back, leaving the balance unchanged at $140.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms