Delayed Events Belonging To Current Bill Cycle Gets Tagged To Item Object Of Previous Bill Cycle
(Doc ID 1536386.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 25-January-2016***
The item_obj_id0 belonging to the previous bill cycle is getting updated when events belonging to the current bill cycle are rated, once the final billing is completed for the previous bill cycle.
1) Create an account (having a subscription) with an usage product associated with it.
2) Consider the current bill cycle as (01-Jan to 01-Feb). Consider config_billing_delay (say, 5 days) configured in the system.
3) Rate CDR_1 (say, a telephony call) belonging to current bill cycle (say, CDR timestamp = 05-Jan)
4) Change PVT to 01-Feb and run partial billing. (Final billing date is 06-Feb)
5) Rate CDR_2 belonging to the bill cycle (01-Feb to 01-Mar) with CDR timestamp less than final billing date (say, CDR timestamp = 03-Feb)
6) Change PVT to 06-Feb and run final billing.
7) Rate CDR_3 belonging to the bill cycle (01-Feb to 01-Mar) with the CDR timestamp greater than final billing date (say, CDR timestamp = 8-Feb)
CDR_1 event should get tagged to the item_obj_id0 (say, /item 12345) belonging to bill cycle (01-Jan to 01-Feb). CDR_2 and CDR_3 should get tagged to item_obj_id0 (say, /item 56789) belonging to the bill cycle (01-Feb to 01-Mar)
CDR_1 event gets tagged to the item_obj_id0 (/item 12345) belonging to bill cycle (01-Jan to 01-Feb). CDR_2 gets tagged to item_obj_id0 (/item 56789) of bill cycle (01-Feb to 01-Mar). But, surprisingly CDR_3 gets tagged to the item_obj_id0, /item 12345 which belongs to bill cycle (01-Jan to 01-Feb).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document