Charges Not Applied Correctly If One Of The Deal Is Cancelled On Same Day And Pin_cycle_fees Is Run
(Doc ID 1550494.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running pin_cycle_fees, charges are not applied in correct month if the account has multiple deals and one of the deals is purchased and cancelled on the same day. The charge of the second deal is not applied in correct bill but applied in next bill as one item for both previous and next periods. This issue was not observed before PS16 upgrade.
Please find below the steps to reproduce this issue:
1. create a PlanA with no deals and PlanB with 1 deal and two monthly cycle arrear charging products: ProductA($17) and ProductB($6).
2. 01-Jan-2014 create a paying account with PlanA.
3. 01-Jan-2014 create a non paying child account with PlanB (pay by the account created on #2)
4. 01-Jan-2014 set end_t value same as start_t of ProductB, i.e. cancel ProductB.
5. 02-Jan-2014 run pin_cycle_fees -cancel
06-Feb-2014 run bill - bill generated for $0
06-Mar-2014 run bill - bill generated for $34 (17 + 17).
06-Feb-2014 run bill - bill generated for $17.
06-Mar-2014 run bill - bill generated for $17.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document