Discount Sharing Group Add Member Warning “You Are Attempting To Add The Owner As Member”
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the plan at account level, free minutes are granted and one discount is configured to consume the free minutes. The account has more than one subscription group(s) and these subscriptions purchased the products for voice usage etc. The business requirement is to consume the account level free minutes for any usage of subscription group service; that means the account level free minutes should be shared across all the subscriptions.
However, there is the warning “You are attempting to add the owner as member” when attempting to share the account level free minutes among 1 to N subscription groups (subscribers).
Steps to reproduce:
Simulating the pricing config:
Create a deal GSMTel with same name product of /service/telco/gsm/telephony - Delayed Telco GSM Session
Create a plan Gemini :
Add New Subscription /service/telco/gsm with <No Deal> and
Edit this Subscription Group to add /service/telco/gsm/telephony under it
Edit this service /service/telco/gsm/telephony to add the deal GSMTel
Go to Track Balances tab:
- create new Balance Group(1) under Account balance Group
- move /service/telco/gsm and /service/telco/gsm/telephony under Balance Group(1)
Create another account level deal Free Minutes Account and Discount with:
- account level product Free Minutes Account - MCF, Fee Second  proratable scaled amount (6000) seconds
- account level discount Free Minutes Discount Account - MCF, OOB discount model DMFMALL
1. Create account (say, 0.0.0.1-350303) with the plan Gemini (deal GSMTel), then purchase the account level deal Free Minutes Account and Discount
2. Create DSG - cap1, select Free Minutes Discount Account for sharing
3. Add account (0.0.0.1-350303) itself as the member of the cap1 DSG
Warning msg “You are attempting to add the owner as member” pops up, thought after clicked OK, the account (0.0.0.1-350303) got added to the member list. But it is not displayed in Customer Center and there is no /ordered_balgrp created for the members.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms