Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) 13.2.4, we find that the "Product Group Schedule" button hangs and the SIM PC client freezes. Also note that, at this time when the Extract Stock count batches (ExtractUnitStockCount.sh or ExtractUnitAndAmountStockCount.sh) are run, they too hang. This issue is observed under the following conditions:
- The product group schedule is created in such a way that the end date does not fall on the select schedule (for example: The Last Thursday of Every 6 Months - if this day happens to be Friday or Wednesday, then the system hangs)
- The hang is observed only after the first retrieval of the stock count when the 'ExtractUnitStockCount.sh' batch runs
- When the stock count is extracted the first time (either via the GUI or via the batch), both hang the next time
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a unit product group for all stores and some departments.
- Select the start date as today and end date as two years into the future on the same date.
- Schedule the product group schedule as shown below:
> Schedule Monthly, on every 2nd Wednesday every 3 months.
- Extract the stock count on the first occurrence of the schedule (either via the GUI or by running the corresponding extract stock count batch).
- Note that the client hangs the next time the product group schedule is clicked after step 3 above.
- If the appropriate Extract stock count (ExtractUnitStockCount.sh or ExtractUnitAndAmountStockCount.sh) is run, find that the batch also hangs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms