Last updated on JUNE 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 version, Pipeline Manager
IgnoreEDROnDeadlock setting creates endless loop during pipeline rerating.
* In order to decrease possibility of Out Of Order Events occurrence to minimum one has tried to set IgnoreEDROnDeadlock registry entry to "False" in the rerating pipeline.
* Expected that after deadlock occurs, the processing will be rolled-back and after retry, the EDR would be processed correctly.
* But when testing this setting with multiple files, the transactions open were being repeatedly rolled back and unsuccessfully reprocessed (due to deadlock).
* After approximately 1 hour, processing was manually terminated.
* pin_event_extract is used to extract events to be re-rated.
* All accounts use account level balance groups.
Detailed use case:
1) There are 3 types of usage being rated for 200 - 300 accounts. For example, VOICE, DATA, OTHER.
a) Two EDR files for each type of usage (DATA, OTHER, VOICE) and each file contain approximately 2000 records or more.
b) Each file contain only one type of usage e.g. VOICE EDR file contain only VOICE type of usage.
c) There is no issue observed during rating because, parameter IgnoreEDROnDeadlock in main pipeline registry is set to True.
2) Rerate the above mentioned usage with IgnoreEDROnDeadlock registry entry set to 'False' and parallel processing of (three rerate) pipelines dedicated for each usage type.
Usage is rerated within reasonable time (several minutes).
Sessions processing EDR files of different usage type but containing the same account are repeatedly deadlocked and rolled back. As a result rerating runs for hours.
Process log snippet showing deadlock messages:
What is the recommendation in this production situation?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms