PM_CYCLE Batch Error: ORA-00001: Unique Constraint (SYNERGEN.PK_SA_WORK_ORDER_ATTACHMENT) Violated
(Doc ID 1609490.1)
Last updated on JUNE 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Disclaimer:** This KM article may include the following abbreviations:
WAM - Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management
PM - Preventive Maintenance
WO - Work Order
The PM Cycle process no longer generates Work Orders correctly if the same attachment is on both the Asset and Benchmark Task referenced on the PM Master. The system should create a WO for the PM and the new WO should be referenced on the PM History and PM Forecast views. Instead, the PM_CYCLE job throws the following error:
ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYNERGEN.PK_SA_WORK_ORDER_ATTACHMENT) violated
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Attach a Specification (or any attachment type) to an active Asset and check the 'PM WO' and 'WO' indicators on the Attachments view.
2. Create a Benchmark WO and put that Asset on the Benchmark Task. It does not matter if the Asset is on the Benchmark Header. The Task is where the issue lies. Note that the attachment is automatically copied to the Benchmark Task
3. Create a Calendar PM (either Anniversary or Interval will produce the problem). Add the Benchmark and the same Asset as added to the Benchmark Header and Task.
4. Set the PM Due Date + Lead Time so it will cycle.
5. Activate the PM Master and run the PM Cycle job.
6. The job gives an error - ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYNERGEN.PK_SA_WORK_ORDER_ATTACHMENT) violated.
It still creates a WO, but the WO is not shown on the PM Forecast and History views, and the PM Cycle job repeats this process the next time it runs, effectively creating duplicate Work Orders until the user notices something is wrong.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document