OCSC 6.1 Behavior When SIP Network Interface is Down
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Service Broker - Version 6.1.0 and later
Oracle Communications Converged Application Server - Service Controller - Version 6.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is about testing on network failover on OCCAS-SC 6.1. It is using two nodes (test-ocsc01 and test-ocsc02) both running an SSU and a PN instance.
Test test is to examine the behavior with a 1CPS stateless (with FCI) test.
OCSC instances are communicating with AS instances using the 192.168.1.x sip network.
Here are the experiences:
- At start, everything is working fine, INVITEs are sent to AS.
- At 17:14:32, the sip network interface on test-ocsc01 was taken down.
- After this, it is seen that SSU on test-ocsc01 still tries to send SIP INVITEs to AS (which looks incorrect. OCSC should recognize that the AS is not reachable from this node).
- At 17:15:55, the sip network interface on pilot-ocsc02 was taken down as well.
- After this, default handling is on (AS not reachable). This is correct.
- At 17:16:28 and 17:17:03, the sip network interfaces are started on both machines, and after both interfaces are up, everything is back to normal.
Why SSU still tries to send INVITEs to AS when the network is not reachable (point 3 above).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms