Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem happens with Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.5 PS4 + patch 17543970.
When Rerating happens, followed by Corrective Billing, the taxes are adjusted twice, once during the Corrective Billing, and another time during Final Billing.
The scenario is :
- 01/Jan: Create account
- 01/Jan: Purchase a cycle arrear product with bill time tax and a cycle arrear discount
- 01/Feb: Run partial bill
- 06/Feb: Run final bill (Assuming delay billing period is 5 days)
- 07/Feb: Update product rate
- 07/Feb: Rerate RC (cycle arrear) event for this account
- 07/Feb: Run invoice
- 07/Feb: Run corrective bill
- 01/Mar: Run partial bill
- 06/Mar: Run final bill
It is expected that :
- February bill: Rerated amount - Backed out amount + Backed out discount - Rerated discount - Backed out tax + Rerated tax
- March bill: Amount - discount + Tax
But instead :
- February bill: Rerated amount - Backed out amount + Backed out discount - Rerated discount - Backed out tax (T1) + Rerated tax (T2)
- March bill: Amount - discount + Tax - Backed out Tax (T1) + Rerated Tax (T2)
T1 and T2 are calculated once more when the March bill is generated. Note that they are allocated to the Feb bill, increasing the total due of Feb bill.
- CA fees is $100 per month
- Discount is 10%
- Defer tax is 10%
1. On Feb 6th final billing : 100 (CA fees) -10 (discount) + 9 (tax) = 99
Balance = $99
2. Rate changed from 100 to 200
Rerating will result in : -100 +10 -9 + 200 -20 +18 = 198
Balance = $198
It is expected that the ARCHIVE_STATUS is set so that these amounts are not picked up in the next Final billing defer taxation calculation.
3. On March 6th Billing
$200 -20 +18 = $198
This problem happens with BRM 7.5 PS4 + patch 17543970
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms