Last updated on APRIL 21, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On BRM 18.104.22.168.0 version, Payments :
Considering following scenario :
If payment is made & remains unallocated during delayed period, the unallocated payment is not taken into consideration to calculate previous_total of bill. This leads to incorrect amount of total_due. Accounting type is set to balance forward:
Steps to Reproduce:
config_billing_delay = 9
1. Jan 15 : Create a balance forward account
2. Feb 01 : Run partial billing on 1st Feb for the account.
3. Feb 10 : Run billing. Let us say the total due is 30 USD.
4. Feb 25 : Make some payment, say 5 USD. Leave some amount unallocated , say 2 USD. 3 USD is allocated.
5. Mar 01 : Run Partial Bill
6. Mar 03 : Make payment, say 10 USD. 6 USD is allocated and 4 USD is left unallocated.
7. Mar 10 : Run billing.
Expected Result :
The previous_total should be 30-(5+10)=15 USD.
Tthe previous_total appears as 30-(5+6)=19 USD. Therefore, 4 USD which is unallocated in the delayed period is missing.
Is this normal product behavior ? and In case of making customization (e.g. create custom opcode) to change this behavior, what will be the impacts of the mentioned change with regards to the design of the product? What are the modules/functionalities/etc. that can be impacted by the said change?
How BRM computes the bill_t.previous_total?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms