Error When CreateAdjwithApproval Business Service is Invoked Via Batch and Entity Name > 30 Characters
(Doc ID 1955171.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.4]
Oracle Utilities Framework - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 4.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CreateAdjwithApproval business service throws an error when invoked via batch, if the entity name has more than 30 characters.
As part of our annual review for the budget, if the customer has a credit balance user process a refund adjustment. Since the business requirement is for the refunds to go through an approval, we use the base business service to create a refund adjustment with approval. Since the reviews are done via a batch process, this business service is called from one of our custom algorithm. When the entity name has more than 30 characters, user get the following error from the business service.
For the same account/person if we create an adjustment and submit for approval online, we do not get an error.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a simple batch process that creates an adjustment using the adjustment approval business service for the input accounts
2. Find/create an account ,where the person associated with the account has entity name > 30 characters
3. Invoke the batch by passing in this account id
4. Observe the error thrown.
5. Use the same account and create and submit an adjustment for approval. Approval is created and also a todo is created without any error. The todo message has the entity name as one of the parameter value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document