Total Amount Of Tax Does Not Match - Tax Discrepancies
(Doc ID 1968832.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Qn1: We observe a difference in expected vs actual value of the total Taxation (for a relatively a large number of services)
- Expected Total Tax = Sum of Total Amount Taxable * 6%
118372.6 * 0.06 = 7102.36 (with rounding at 2 decimals)
- Actual tax is:
Total Tax = 7102.28
We observe a difference of 0.08, in this example.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Creating account with 39 service
2. Purchased taxable charge under that 39 service and make sure its prorated
3. run the make_bill script (Large Account)
4. this make_bill will create the suborb billinfo based on the balance group for that account
5. it will create the dummy billinfo records
6. make_bill.sh will trigger pin_bill_accts, for each suborb billinfo
7. it will drop the /event/billing/cycle/tax for each billinfo that have the charge that have tax inside EVENT_BAL_IMPACTS_T.AMOUNT_DEFERRED
Data Fields Used:
Where does this discrepancy come from?
This is another typical case when taxation doesn't match.
1. Create 2 account
2. create 4 service for each account
3. purchase 4 product for each service with this price (14.39, 13.17, 13.57, 5.05)
4. Run the bill one with normal/pin_bill_accts, the other we trigger using make_bill.sh
Below is the result, found the variance 0.01 ,as you can see in the below the tax is dropped based on the amount deferred :
• Large Account: using custom "make_bill" script
Total Tax = round(14.39*0.06) + round(13.17*0.06) + round(13.57*0.06) + round(5.05*0.06) = 0.3 + 0.81 + 0.79 + 0.8 = 2.76
• Normal Account: using "pin_bill_accts"
Total Tax = round((14.39 + 13.17 + 13.57 + 5.05)*0.06) = 2.77
Note - In the "normal" use case, a single /event/billing/cycle/tax of 2.77 is created. In the "large account" use case (using the script), four separate cycle tax events are generated.
Is there any configuration possible, to resolve the discrepancy?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document