Incorrect Refund Generated After Closing Products And Discounts
(Doc ID 1985768.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 126.96.36.199.0 version, Subscription Management
In a customer business use case, it is seen that after cancellation of products and discount on an account, there is an additional refund that is created.
- DOM = 1
- create product p1, monthly cycle forward , glid 5000123
- create product p2 , monthly cycle forward , glid 5000124
- create discount d1 , monthly cycle forward , 100% discount , glid 5000123 , applies to P1 only , priority 100
- create discount d2 , monthly cycle forward , 100% discount , applies to P1 and p2 , priority 90
- sequential_discounting = TRUE
- 20.10.2014: Create /account with DOM 1 and /service
- 20.10.2014: Purchase /product P1 with cycle forward monthly charge with start date 1.11.2014
- 20.10.2014: Purchase /discount D1 with -100% discount on P1, and buy another /product P2 with cycle forward monthly charge, both with start date 1.11.2014
- 20.10.2014: Change billing day (using opcode PCM_OP_CUST_SET_BILLINFO) to 14 and set suppression cycles left to 1 (PCM_OP_BILL_SET_BILL_SUPPRESSION). This step is done as per a custom business requirement, so the next biling will not close the bill, and to avoid short cycle 1.11 - 14.11
- 01.11.2014: Execute Billing. This should trigger event (start_t 01.11.2014, end_t 14.11.2014) with two balance impacts, which sums to 0, eg. 27.83 and -27.83
- 05.11.2014: Purchase -100% discount D2 with lower priority than D1 with starting date 14.11.2014. This triggers two events (start_t 05.11.2014, end_t 14.11.2014) with balance impacts, which sums to 0, eg. 19.27 and -19.27.
- 08.11.2014: Close all products(p1 and p2) and discount D1 (D2 is left activated) with end_t in past 01.11.2014 (start of the current cycle). This means that in this cycle, there are no active products which could charge customer. Instead what is observed is that, after closing products P1, P2 and discount D1, there is another event with only one impact of -27.83. This is the issue.
This issue results in negative amount on customer's bills which in turn causes lower company's income.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document