Primavera P6 XML Import Error "Cannot Schedule job. Please contact administrator to correct the problem" or "The job request you submitted did not complete successfully" And The Log File Displays "$path\importer_RMI_####.xml (No such file or directory)"
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import an XML file from within P6 Professional (where P6 Professional is utilizing the cloud connect):
The following error occurs on the "Import Results" screen when attempting to import an XML file as a .zip (file that contains a project and a layout):
- Cannot Schedule job. Please contact administrator to correct the problem.
The following error occurs when attempting to import an XML file as a .xml (file that contains only the project):
- Imports Results Screen shows: Job has been scheduled. See Job Services for details.
- Pop-up in system tray: The job request you submitted did not complete successfully.
When viewing the associated log file for the XML import job from P6 (web), the following error is noted:
- Importing file $XMLFILENAME...
- Temporary file uploaded to server in following location -$path\importer_RMI_####.xml
- $path\importer_RMI_####.xml (No such file or directory)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to P6 Professional (using Cloud Connect)
2. Select File, Import
3. Select Primavera XML
4. Complete the steps to import an XML (pointing to either a .zip or .xml)
Note, if importing a .zip, the option "Import All Project Level Layouts" should be selected
Note, if importing a .xml, uncheck the "Import All Project Level Layouts" should be deselected.
5. Note the message on the import results screen.
To view the log file results:
1. Login to P6 (web)
2. Select Project tab link
3. On the EPS page, select Action, Import/Export, XML Project Import/Export
4. Select Status tab
5. Highlight one of the jobs which was created for your import (choose one of the two)
6. Select 'View Log'
The XML Import Process completed within P6 Professional was redesigned in r8.4 and later to run as a p6 service.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms