Error Message: ‘SP_TGUD ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small when selecting Values for Trunks
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.0.16 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to view Trunk Group User Data from the Customer Account->Customer Services window for a Trunk Product that has a large number of Trunk
User Data, around 30 to 40, the application throws the error
"SP_TGUD ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small"
Steps for Replication :
1. Search for in-service customer accounts with B ISDN trunk group product.
2. Go to customer account search and search the Account number.
3. Open the customer summary page. Under the tab Related pages Click "SERVICES."
4. In the customer services page Click the B ISDN PRI trunk product under the service location and in the right side pane choose ALL as option in the drop down In service values.
5. Once selected we receive the error message as 'SP_TGUD ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms