Message Indicating Password Change Was Attempted Appears When Importing User Even the Password Related Attributes Are Not Mapped
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing user import, message "For security, the user's password change is not supported by import fuctionally" appears even though the password related attributes are not mapped
Message "For security, the user's password change is not supported by import fuctionally" to appear only when password related attributes were attempted to change during user import
What Is Working
User itself is imported successfully
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Java Client as admin user
2. Create user: user1
3. Create data source file to import attribute information for user1
4. Login to Web Client
5. Tools and Settings > Import
6. Click Preferences, and confirm that Blank Data Action is set to "Overwrite" (default)
7. Select file created at step 3 as import file, and Next
8. Select User > User only, and Next
9. Map the attributes. Make sure password related attributes are not mapped.
11. See import success, but gets below message:
For security, the user's password change is not supported by import functionality.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms