Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Public Sector Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Penalties are not in a Case Obligation’s Override Filing. The result is that the Payment Due Dates are Updated to a Current or Future Date
Penalties are expected to be calculated when the post processing algorithm C1-OBLOVRDDT is plugged in on the Obligation Type - Obligation BO
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
Setup in DEMO data
- Tax Type: SALES-USE (Maintain Obligations = Applicable)
- Filing Calendar : Sales and Use Annual. Filing eriod 1-1-2008 -- 12-31-2008 has due date and grace date 2-15-2009
- Form Type: Sales and Use short Tax Form with start date 1-1-2008
- Obligation Type: Sales and Use Tax with P&I algorithms set and the below setup:
- P&I Control: SALESUSE
- Obligation BO on the Obligation Type: C1-FilingPeriodObligation - with Post-Processing Algorithm C1-OBLOVRDDT
1. Add a new Person of type Business
2. Add a new Account for the above person
3. Add a Tax role for this account with Tax Type Sales and Use and Start date 1-1-2008 and filing calendar effective date 1-1-2008 . Save. Check that obligations are created.
6. Add a new Tax form of form type SALESUSE2008 . Fill in the info and click Check Form until all info is checked. Receive date – 01-01-2010, Filing period start 01-01-2008, Filing period end 12-31-2008 . Save the Form . Validate . Post . An assessment is created
7. Go to 360 Degree View, search for the person created above. Go to the Financial Information tab. See the P&I for the created assessment
8. Now go back to the related Obligation . Set the Override Filing Due Date and Override Payment Due Date to today’s date or a future date and save
9. Go to 360 Degree View, search for the person created above. Go to the Financial Information tab. See the P&I for the created assessment. Notice the P&I calculation is not updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms