Account Policy Password Rules Are Not Working
(Doc ID 2002127.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even after enabling below Password Rules, user can set password that is not matching the rule:
- At Least One Numeric Character
- At Least One Special (Punctuation) Character
- At Least One Lowercase Character
- At Least One Uppercase Character
- Must Not Contain User ID
When Password Rules is enabled, user is not allowed to set password which does not match the rule
This issue can be reproduced by will by following below steps:
- Login to Java Client as admin user
- Goto Admin tab > User Settings > Account Policy
- Enable At Least One Special (Punctuation) Character
- Open property of user: user1
- Click Reset Password, and check on Reset Login Password check box
- Type in new password. Input password without special character and OK
Result: Password without special character can be saved
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document