Rounding Rules Not Applied Properly on Events
(Doc ID 2030638.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Rounding rules are not getting applied properly on Events they are defined for.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Select a resource (say INR-356) in PDC under Balance Element Tab.
- In the Rounding Rules Tab for that resources; one will get default 4 rows with event type (*) and their rounding rules.
- The default rounding for 'charging' is upto 2 precision.
2) Add the rounding rule for "EventBillingProductFeeCycleCycle_forward_monthly" event with Rounding 4 precision (Processing Type 'Charging' only).
- Why add a new one? Because in the PDC Documentation, it is specified as "You cannot delete the default rounding rules, but you can add new rounding rules for specific events."
3) Submit the changes
- The rule flows correctly to BRM, and it is updated correctly in config_beid_rules_t.
4) Restart CM.
5) Create account and purchase a monthly cycle forward product.
The rounding is not getting applied correctly as per the event defined previously; rather, the rounding happens as per the precision value defined in "*" only.
Whatever the case may be, the rounding rule for added event is not getting applied, and at the time of balance impact, the "*" rounding of precision is only getting applied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document