Error: "RCU-6002, RCU-6080, the Database You Are Connecting To, Is a More Recent Than the Supported Version" During Database Check When Attempting to Create a BI Publisher Database in SQL Server
(Doc ID 2056311.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 8.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run the Repository Creation Utility wizard for BI Publisher, the following error occurs:
RCU-6002: The specified database does not meet the minimum requirement to load metadata repository.
RCU-6080: Global prerequisite check failed - Check requirement for specified database
The database you are connecting to, is a more recent than the supported version. Refer to the certification matrix for supported DB versions.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Download the RCU installation files for version 188.8.131.52
2. Extract files from the zip file downloaded
3. Run the rcu.bat file located in the 184.108.40.206\rcuHome\bin
4. During the wizard in the database connection string screen, customer inputs the P6 EPPM database connection string
5. Error pops up and closes the wizard after hitting OK.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot create the tablespaces in the database for BI Publisher via the RCU wizard.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document