User Filled In Data Gets Lost When Required Field Is Missed When Creating Project From Template
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Project from Template, and user miss to input required field before Save, user filled in data get lost or reset to default value
When creating Project from Template, user filled in data to be retained even user miss to input required field before Save
What is Working
When creating new Project without using Template, user filled in data will not be lost even user miss to input required field before Save
1. Log in to Java Client as admin user
2. Navigate to Admin > Data Settings > Classes > Activities.
3. For General Info.Description and Page Two.Text11, update the field Required to YES.
4. Save and Refresh. Now, these two attributes have also turned mandatory.
5. Log in to Web Client.
6. Navigate to Create New > Projects > New, and create New Project.
7. In the Create New window, fill in required fields, and select Project state to 'Template' and Save
8. Navigate to Create New > Projects > From Template, and create New Project from template.
9. Fill In all the fields except for Page Two.Text11, and Save.
10. You will get error "Unable to save your changes. You have one error".
Notice that the values filled in to the fields are lost or reset to default value
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms