Events Are Publishing To ECE Eventhough Abort Has Called In A Transaction
(Doc ID 2062880.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, DM
Events are publishing to ECE even though abort has called in a transaction.
Below are the steps customer is following to replicate the issue :-
1. Jca adapter opens the XA transaction with global transaction flag
2. Calls custom opcode which will cancel discount/product and extending the sub balances. In this opcode we are opening a context and opening a transaction to do all read/write operations.
3. At the end we are aborting the transaction, then abort is happening on only dm_oracle, abort has not triggered to dm_aq,dm_ifw_sync
4. Closing the context in custom opcode
5. Custom opcode returns the response .
6. Commit from jca adapter --> at this time all the events which were part of custom opcode transactions were being published to ECE ( even though same events were not committed in BRM).
It seems there is an issue with transaction handling in PCM_OP_TRANS_ABORT while there are multiple contexts/transactions were handling .
Customer also tried with local transaction as well, still behavior is same i.e whenever we call trans abort in custom opcode its just aborting transaction on dm_oracle . When we send commit request from
Testnap then all these business events as part of aborted transaction were submitted to Queues.
Even though we aborted the transaction, whenever we are committing the transaction outside the context still it is publishing the events.
To be more clear, in BRM everything was rolled back but events were published to ECE which is not an expected behavior.
Even though unsubscribe (cancelling products/discounts) was failed in BRM i.e in BRM products/discounts were still active but in ECE they were cancelled as abort has not triggered to aq_queues.
Due to this, even though balances available in BRM, but not in ECE, it causes huge impact on Customer experience
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document