Connection Redesign Blanks Originating/Terminating Locations & Net/Elements of Prior Circuit Issues
(Doc ID 2070561.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer having problems when re-designing a connection: previous issues lost the originating network.
1. In Connection Design – search for connection for a Virtual (BW) connection
Check Design for Current Issue shows as OK
2. Save as New Issue
3. Go to the Schematic Design for the connection
4. Click on Redesign Connection
Immediately after responding Yes, MSS clears the Originating/Terminating Locations and Network/Elements
5. On clicking a prior Issue – MSS displays an error message:
The Originating Element has not been selected
6. Clicking OK shows that Issue … also cleared of Originating/Terminating information
This message shows up every time you change to a different Issue Number
During the provisioning of the order to create the connection, the following behavior was found:
7. After the Originating/Terminating data is cleared, trying to get back to Issue #1 – got this error messages
a. The Originating Element has not been selected.
b. A data-related error occurred. Please ....
No design found for design id ' 486344' type GLR.
c. No design found for design id '486344' type GLR.
»» After that MSS shows a blank Connection Summary window
8. Clicking the Additional Details, Properties or CLR/DLR Design links causes MSS to crash with Error 2.
Error Number 2.
Error text = Null object reference.
Window/Menu?Object = u_tab_cd_virtual_addldetail.
Error Object/Control = u_tab_cd_virtual_addldetail.
Script = oe_retrieve.
Line in Script = 8.
This is an undesired behavior on the tool
Redesign the connection from the beginning
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document