Quarterly Cycle Forward Product is Not Charging as Per Account's Bill Cycle for Backdated Purchase
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During testing you see one of the backdated scenarios is not working
The event charge period (i.e. earned_start_t and earned_end_t) does not align with account's bill cycle period if the product is purchased backdated in a month other than Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct (i.e. backdated month is not same as the month of billing DOM).
The cycle forward event is charged for the period 01-Jun to 01-Aug 2016 (i.e. earned_start_t is 01-Jun, earned_end_t is 01-Aug) which is incorrect.
Two cycle fee event is expected.
One for 1st June to 1st July 2016 for 1 month charge and one for 1st July to 1st Oct 2016.
Steps to Reproduce
0. Set the - fm_bill calc_cycle_from_cycle_start_t 0 in cm pin.conf and re-start the cm.
1. Create a quarterly cycle forward product with prorate on both purchase and cancellation.
2. PVT as 01-Jan 2015, create an account with quarterly billing cycle.
3. Move PVT to 23-Aug and run the billing.
4. Purchase the quarterly cycle forward product backdated to 01-Jun. (i.e the backdate month is not same as the month of Billing DOM ).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms