Deleting a Newly Created Clearance With a Reset Date Does Not Work As Expected, Resulting in Incorrect Item Price Being Displayed
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
For an item which is already on clearance when a new clearance with a reset date is created, the system updates the ITEM_PRICE.END_DATE of the previous existing clearance record with the effective date of the reset clearance record. However, if this newly created clearance with the reset date is deleted, the END_DATE of the previous clearance is not cleaned up.
This results in Store Inventory Management (SIM) showing the regular retail for that item, even though the previous existing clearance is still active.
Steps To Recreate:
- Select a Item which is already on Clearance.
- For this item process a new clearance with reset date and a reset clearance.
- Approve clearance.
- Run batch jobs to extract the price change files and apply to SIM
- Set the reset date as null for this clearance and approve.
- Delete this newly created clearance say by moving to worksheet.
- Run batch jobs to extract the price change files and apply to SIM.
- It is observed that after deleting, the end date for the old clearance is not cleared . Due to which the item goes back to permanent price.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms