Solidworks Virtual Assembly Parts are Shown as Normal Components in the Save Preview Window
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The virtual parts used within Solidworks Assemblies (sldasm) are being viewed as a standard component. The expectation is that any virtual component would not show up on the relationship tree in the Save Preview Window
Steps to reproduce:
- Open a SolidWorks Assembly in SolidWorks
- Inside of any Solidworks assembly, highlight one of the parts within the assembly, right click to open command window, then select “Make Virtual”
- This then switches the part to be contained entirely within the assembly. Solidworks will provide the following warning (see next step) :
- Making a component virtual breaks the link to the external file. Do you want to continue (click "OK" to continue)
- From SolidWorks menu select Tools --> Agile --> Save Preview
- The Save Preview window shows up, but notice that the part that was made as a virtual part shows up in the relationship diagram tree. This part should not be visible since it was made as a virtual part.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms