In UIM for Custom Webservices, Cache Cordination Issue - WS Returning OLD Results.
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You need our advice regarding an issue you face with a custom web service you have created.
A method performs ServiceManager.findServices API call in order to retrieve the Service object based on the service id.
During testing you noticed the following behavior:
• The first test after server restart takes about 10 seconds to perform the findServices API call and retrieves the service correctly.
• Any other test after that takes few msec to retrieve the service, either for the same or different serviceId.
• In case any change is performed in the Service from the GUI (i.e. delete the value from a characteristic), the changes are not visible through the service. It still retrieves the Service as it was before the manual changes.
• After restart, the Service is retrieved correctly.
Based on the above, it seems like a caching issue.
Which is the configuration that may cause the results to be cached?
You fully understand the fact that clearing the cache before invoking the service is not a recommended approach. Your intention is not to invalidate the cache but somehow make our service not to use the cache (if possible).
You would like to further analyze problem,
1. InventoryAutovalService.ear - It is the ear of your custom WS. The service supports both SOAP over HTTP and SOAP over JMS. During our tests , you use SOAP over HTTP. The class that retrieves the service is the InventoryAdapter.java and the method is named "getServiceByServiceId" .
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms